Saturday, January 7, 2012

365 Project Photos Days 15-19

I have only missed two days this week on the project.  While I'm not proud of that, I am doing better than I did last time and I'm not going to stop or start over just because I miss a day here and there

So, here are the last few photos from this week....

January 1, 2012



  On Sunday night I went over to my baby sister's house and while I was there, made these Cake Batter Bites.  Well, long but funny (sorta) story: I really don't cook much at all.  So my sister just moved into this house and doesn't have much stuff to cook with.  I had to melt butter and I saw a glass bowl.  That's great.  Well, she doesn't have a microwave, only a glass stove.  So dumb me, I say, 'I'm not sure if it's ok to put a glass bowl on a stove or not but I'll be watching it closely and I only have one stick of butter, so I'll try it.'  Needless to say, it didn't end well.  I turned my back after stirring the butter and I hear a small explosion.  I turn and a piece of red hot butter flies into my chin.  Thankfully, nothing else splattered.  The bowl, however was in bad shape.  The bottom had just fallen out into a myriad of different pieces.  The stove was easy cleanup but the butter was EVERYWHERE on it. 

I now have learned a valuable cooking lesson: never put glass bowls on a stove (unless you're 100% sure that they're supposed to go there).

The Cake Batter Bites were delicious by the way.

January 2, 2012




  This was also at my sister's house.  I was seated on the porch watching the sunrise when I happened to notice this heart carved out of one of the railings.  I don't know who carved it or why but it made my morning.  Love=Everything.

January 4, 2012


  This is the front of my church at night.  I like the lights.  It reminds me of gaslights in paintings.

January 5, 2012



  I have been wanting to photograph these trees in a field on the way to my hometown for a very very long time but always made excuses.  Either I didn't have my camera, it was too hard to pull over, the light wasn't right, I didn't have time, etc.  But on Thursday night, the sunset was GORGEOUS.  An all cap kinda GORGEOUS.  And I knew the time had come to stop stalling and create something I'd been wanting to do for such a long time. 

  I was able to stop beside the road and have no one come up behind me for about 2 minutes, enough time to snap a few shots of these lovely trees.

  For post production, all I did was lighten the image a little and then use the Pioneer Woman's Define and Sharpen Action in Photoshop Elements 10.

January 7, 2012



  Today I had the opportunity to take photos of my beautiful niece Baby L (who was in her mama's belly in this post here).  Her mom wanted a photo of Baby L's feet with her hands.  This is the finished product.  Look how detailed her feet are.  God is a wonderful Creator.


Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment