Tuesday, December 20, 2011

365 Photos - December 17 & 18, 2011

As promised, here are my last two photos from the 365 Project.

Friday, December 16, 2011




  This arrangement of dishes and vintage jars in the background caught my attention almost as soon as I arrived at my baby sister's house.  As I took the photo I knew exactly the emotion and era I wanted to portray with the finished product.  I wanted to portray the olden days where dishes were white and plain and jars were important because they held so much of the necessary food.  I wanted to portray what some call "the good old days" in my head which is the 40's and 50's. 

  Honestly, all those thoughts weren't in my head as I clicked the shutter and captured this image but after post production, this is what I see in it now. 


  I love this image.  The composition, the slight noise and the arrangement of the plates....


Saturday, December 17, 2011




  On Saturday night, myself and my two best friends (one who is in college at a university in Buies Creek, NC) and the other (who is a married mom of three - as of last night when she gave birth to her 3rd child - a little girl!) were able (after two years) to get together.  We have a loose tradition of making a gingerbread house before Christmas.  So, we got together at my youngest sister's house (I should clarify - I call them both my sisters. The one who is in college is the baby (Sarah 3), the one who is married is the middle (Sarah 2) and I am the oldest (Sarah 1)) and made a very tiny gingerbread house!  Here is a picture...





   It isn't the most perfect looking gingerbread house but you know what?  It was made by us three and it's a symbol of keeping a tradition alive and how even though sometimes things seem like they will never change, they can and do!

  Anyway, back to the other photo.  Towards the end of the night, my Sarah 3 was feeling of my middle sister's tummy and Sarah 2 was trying to get the baby to move for us.  Then, Sarah 3 wanted me to get a photo of her and the baby.  I took this one.  At the time, it didn't make me very emotional but looking back at it now, it does. 

  No one but us three girls (young ladies now) knows what we have all been thru together.  Too much to tell.  I hope that Baby L who was born yesterday will have two (or more) wonderful girls in her life that she can say the same thing about. 

  Never underestimate the power of a loyal, stick with it friendship. 

  Sara  



2 comments:

  1. Awesome composition on your plates photo! And congrats on completing your 365. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't complete it...In fact, I have 361 more days to go =) But I'm only posting the photos every two days....That was kinda confusing, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete