Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Third Indoor Session

Yesterday I had the opportunity to photograph my uncles family in Statesville. 

Since this was only my third time holding a session indoors I was a little concerned with the lighting. As soon as I got there I began playing with my camera to see what settings would be best to use.  I began in Manual and then switched to Aperature because I was getting a little frustrated.  Aperature, however, wasn't allowing me to get the right exposure I needed so I switched back to Manual. I'm glad I did!

I also made a point to set my White Balance and Metering mode before I began shooting. 

I believe most of my shots were taken with my Aperature between f/5 and f/8.  My shutter speed was mainly 1/60th.         

I had several posing ideas thought out but was only able to use a few since my four cousins were much more interested in their Christmas presents than in getting their family photos taken!  

When they did pay attention and give me smiles, it was amazing and even though the session only lasted 30 minutes, I was able to get some awesome shots!!

For a few of my shots I used PSE5 exclusively for editing (except for placing my logo) and gave them some personality by using free actions from www.mcpactions.com and www.thepioneerwoman.com. Each time I use an action (especially Pioneer Woman's Seventies action) in PSE5 I fall more in love with the program!

So great session and I'm glad my uncle and aunt have some Christmas photos they'll love. 

Be sure to find and like me on Facebook (Sara Vogt Photography) to see favorites from their session. 

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment