Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I've Learned from 3 Days of No Photos

  Today is the fourth day I havent taken a photo.  I actually plan to take one today and I have the perfect picture outlined in my head.

  I just haven't felt like picking up my camera since Saturday.  And its OK.  I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

  However, I am realize a few things about when I don't take my photo a day. 

  1-The days don't seem quiet as rich.  It's almost like looking forward to creating that one photo is the icing on a rather plain, boring cake.  There are so many options and opportunities to be creative with the photo and when I don't take it it's like I'm a non-creative being.

  2- When I go to bed at night I don't really feel I've accomplished anything.  Whereas, if I MAKE myself take that one photo, even if I've neglected the rest of that day's "to do" list, I can go to bed feeling like I've done something.

  3- It's MUCH easier to take a photo a day if you have specefic events or special occasions that you're going to.  All during the Christmas holiday's, I was so busy with friends to visit, holiday lights to see, holiday baking, etc. etc that there was a constant plethora of interesting things to photograph.  Now that it's January, there aren't that many events going on.

  So, having a break from the camera is ok.  Like I mentioned above, I'm not going to beat myself up or feel like I have to start over on my 365 day journey.  I just have to know I can't stay in this place forever. 

Sara

PS. What about you? Have you taken on a photo project for 2012 and are getting behind or have skipped a few days?  If so, I'd love to hear your remedy for getting back on track.....

No comments:

Post a Comment