Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Keep this ONE New Year's Resolution and You'll Need No More

  I know this post is rather late since the first of January was four days ago but I just felt impressed to post this today so I am!

  On Sunday our pastor brought a great message in the morning about worrying.  It was from Matthew 6 and his text was verses 19-34.  His main focus, however was on verses 25-34 which you can find here

  Towards the end of the message, he focused on verse 33.  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."  As he read those words, I thought, 'That's all we that are Saved need.'

  I have to admit that I have in previous years been on the New Year resolution bandwagon but this year I decided not to be.  I decided instead to let Matthew 6:33 dictate my life. 

  In practice, to live this verse is the only New Year's Resolution that we need to have.  If we keep our priorities in order (seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness) then He will do the rest (and all these things {everything: food, clothing, job, house, car, the desires of our heart, etc etc...} shall be added unto you). 

  Let's face it.  What are our resolutions normally about?  Our health, our attitude, what we want to accomplish, etc.  I believe that all those things can be changed, strengthened and grown by putting that verse into practice.

  Believe me, it will be hard.  As of yet, I haven't faced really any testing as I am beginning the New Year with this verse as my guide but I know opposition will come.  The hard days will come when I wonder if that verse really means what it says.  But it does!!

  Has anyone had a verse that spoke to your heart at the very beginning of this New Year? I'd love for you to share.

Sara

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment