Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Read of 2012 - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

  I just finished reading The Hunger Games.  It is one of the best books I've read in a very long time.  One thing that stood out to me was that there was no foul language in it at all which is a rarity.

  I read the book on the slight mention of it from a friend who said she had to read it for a class she was taking at her University. 

  While the whole premiss of the book (it really reminds me of a communist state) is distasteful to me and the Hunger Games themselves as a practice are inhumane, the character's and the humanity they show is great.

  I'm not going to give away the plot but I will say that if you begin reading it (which I recommend you to do) you won't be able to put it down.



Sara

1 comment:

  1. The hunger games.... oh man.. where do I start! such a great way to start the year!! I found your blog from Amber :) cant wait to read more!

    hannahmichellesullivan.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete