Thursday, December 27, 2012

What to Do?

For some reason over the past week, I've been asking myself a few hard questions.

1- Do I really want a thriving photography business?

2- Am I willing to put in the work that it requires to get a thriving photography business?

3- Should I take this year off from portrait photography and instead concentrate on taking landscapes and nature photos?

4- Should I attempt a 365 or 52 Project this year?

In this post, I am going to do my best to answer these four questions honestly.

1- Do I really want a thriving photography business?  Yes. I would like to have a business where the income is not sporadic but regular.  Where I have (ideally) one customer a month. 

2- Am I willing to put in the work that it requires to get a thriving photography business?  This one is tough.  On the one hand, I immediately want to say, "Yes". But on the other, I'm lazy (although that is one thing I really really really want to work on this year) and the thought of having to put so much work and time and energy into getting clients and keeping them happy makes me tired.  But deep down, I think that I'm still going to have to say, YES.  Because it's my dream.  I do want to work harder at photography this year than last.

3- Should I take this year off from portrait photography and instead concentrate on taking landscapes and nature photos?  I don't think I will take the year off from portrait work, however I do want to concentrate more on the nature/landscape side and maybe find a few niches where I can sell my work.  Which might give me some income as well.

4- Should I attempt a 365 or 52 Project this year?  I was back and forth on this one too.  I would love to do a 365 but realistically, it's just not me.  I think that last year, I got about a month or two into the Project 52.  So this year my goal is going to be for 6 months of Project 52!

What about you?  Are there things you're debating if you should do or give up or change strategy on this year?  Let me hear from you!

Sara


1 comment:

  1. http://urbanhepburn.blogspot.com/2013/01/smart-resolutions.html
    I found this blog post on another blog that I follow and it really made me think of you and your desire to acchieve many goals.

    Love you,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete