Monday, December 17, 2012

It's in the Seeking, It's in the Desiring, It's in the Small Choices

  So lately I've been reading my Bible more and I feel in my soul how destitute I am and how in need of God and the filling of His spirit I am. I so long to allow Him to live through me. I'm tired of being who I don't want to be. I want to snap my fingers and be "good enough".  For one thing, I can never be good enough, But He is. 

  What has been slowly dawning on me as I read the Bible, read other blogs and hear people talk about persuing God and His righteousness is this: We are never going to hear a *SNAP* and be suddenly like Christ, filled with His spirit and walking in His ways.  It's going to happen slowly.  As we seek His will in everyday matters, as we desire His heart and His thoughts, as we make the small choices - those things draw us near to Him, open up our hearts and our minds so that we can be controlled by Him.....

The other thing I'm realizing is that the seeking, desiring and choosing is affirmation that we are His.  There is something wrong inside if we don't have that battle. That constant "...for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I (Romans 7:15).

Anyway, that's what's been in my head here.  Got something to share? Share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment