Thursday, August 16, 2012

Are You Wading or Jumping?

I don't know how to swim.  True story.  I can't even float.  True story.

But it doesn't really bother me.  Maybe, someday, I'll learn but it's not a priority in my life.

However, I do want to swim in the figurative sense.  I want to not have to wade at the edge of the hotel swimming pool of life, or the ocean of life (whichever you prefer).  I want to be able to take a running jump and dive, headfirst into the water

It's something I've been pondering recently.

There are lots of things I want to do.  Languages I want to learn, classes I want to take, books I want to write, photos I want to take, adventures I'd like to have and sometimes, instead of just going ahead and taking the leap to begin them (sending an email, signing up for a class, getting out my camera, etc) I start analyzing (yea, not a good word).  And before you know it, I've talked myself out of it.


I'm challenging myself (and you too, if you want to join me) to not analyze so much.   Instead, the next thing that I desire to do, I'm just going to run, jump and dive headfirst into it and see where it takes me.....

How about you?

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment