Friday, February 17, 2012

God Will Help Us - If We Let Him

  Even though this blog is mainly about my photography and things related to photography, it is also a place to share my life.  That's why I wanted to share with you how much the Lord has helped me and been (oh so) good to me this last week.

  The backbone to understand this last week is that I had my annual heart checkup scheduled on Thursday.  Also, the bank where I work has a special project going on where they are requiring us to work mandatory 52 hours this week.  Between those two things, I was stressed and nervous.

  On Sunday morning, a missionary that we support who is located in Saipan was at our church and spoke during Sunday School.  His thought?  God is in control.  And nothing happens in our life that God doesn't allow and already know about.  How about this week fella's?!  Or this nerve-wracking Dr.'s appointment?!  Yep, He knew all about both.  That message was the start of God's goodness (and His help).

  On Sunday, I prayed that the Lord would 1) give me the strength I needed to not stress out about the work week and the physical strength to get thru it without getting sick or being super super tired.  and 2) take my mind off of my impending Dr. visit and give me a peace about the whole thing.  I don't know about you but if I think about something I'm dreading, I can come up with a LOT of terrible scenarios, whereas if I don't think about it, I'm ok.

  Well, I have been praying those prayers all week. And God has answered both of them!! 

  It is Friday so I've (almost) made it thru this long work week (I will work 4-5 hours tomorrow and then I'll be done) and the Lord graciously allowed me to not dwell on the Dr. visit.  And when I got to the dr's office, I brought in a book and purposely when I was given any alone time in the exam room, I read it to keep my mind off o the "what if's" until my dr came back with his verdict. 

  My checkup was A-ok.  I'm good "for another thousand miles" (those are my Dr's words...). 

  God did it again.

  And the more I think about it, I believe He guided this hectic, long work week to be at this time just so I would be tired, etc and not able to really think about the visit lying ahead of me.

  Isn't He good?  His goodness is just so humbling yet exhilerating at the same time.

  Do you have a testimony you'd like to share about something He has done in your life? Please share, I'd love to hear!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment